2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Friday, November 20, 2015

REVIEW for Clutch


Thank you to the author for sending me a copy of this e book.

TITLE:               Clutch

AUTHOR;          Lisa Becker

GENRE:             Novel

RATING:
           

I read Lisa's previous book and I loved it.  I think what makes these books so interesting to me is that Becker has a funny and yet real "take" on the dating world - how it feels to be single, yet at the same time trying to find "the one".

While there is an undertone of serious in the story, the humour is solid and really makes the story.  While Caroline and Mike view dating in completely opposite ways, its interesting to see them basically described their experiences side by side, making us see that going to extremes is not really the way to go.

I  liked both characters well enough but kept waiting for them to "see the light" and get together and that did distract me a little bit from the day to day.

Becker writes well and her stories are engaging.  I found myself nodding my head often in agreement.

At first, I could not figure out why she would title her book "Clutch" until I saw the headings of each chapter - cleverly comparing dating to a specific purse, depending on the type of dating.  Loved it.

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

This sounds outstanding!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges