2024 READING CHALLENGE

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Tina has read 0 books toward her goal of 39 books.
hide

Thursday, November 5, 2015

REVIEW for My Fat Dad



TITLE:             My Fat Dad

AUTHOR:       Dawn Lerman

GENRE:          Memoir


RATING:         

I love reading anything related to weight and I have found that there are so many different views and ways of looking at weight that it is kind of surprising.

My Fat Dad is a throwback, for me, of how life was when I was a youngster.   I came from an Italian family and life, especially when we got together was ALWAYS around food.  In fact, it is no secret that food is a huge attention grabber for any type of occasion.  This book explores that in a sweet and kind way.

Dawn portrays this time with her family and her dad as somewhat magical, with ups and downs, but she has a lovely voice and writes lovingly about how life is more than just appearance or what you see directly in front of you.

This book made me relive some of the best parts of my childhood, memories that, for some reason, I don't access very often.

The story is gentle and sweet and I embraced this book, much like the author did when she wrote it.

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

This sounds charming. I love the cover.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Time kit by Studio Thaty Borges